[vdr] Re: One mux is missing

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Bjorn Andersson wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24 2004, at 10:59:45 +0200, Marko Myllymaa wrote:
> > This connection works. If I take the vcr out and connect the antenna cable
> > directly to tv, then I lose mux on 290MHz, but all others seem to be okay.
> >
> > I don't remember the cable lenghts after the T-connection, but I can
> > measure them if they count..
> >
> > Does tv send some interference back to antenna cable and vcr does not send
> > and it even blocks the interference tv is sending? Is that possible?
> >
> > If I want to lose the vcr, what can I do? As I still want to watch analog
> > tv also..
>
> Buy a "vaippavirran erotin" (sorry finnish) from e.g.
> http://www.partco.fi, (see http://www.partco.fi/liittimet-ant-e.html).
> Price 6,90e. It galvanicly separates the TV from the antenna
> removing any interference that your TV is probably generating.

Proper T-"splitters" also make a huge difference compared to cheap plastic
ones. I didn't get DVB to work when we had two TVs and a VCR connected
with the plastic ones with DVB-box somewhere in the middle, but when I
switched to proper metallic ones and connected the DVB-card as the first
one in the chain the reception is next to perfect. The ones I got were 5e
at Gigantti.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake(ät)iki.fi>  System Administrator  http://iki.fi/jake/