[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] nvram-wakeup 0.95

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce the new version 0.95 of nvram-wakeup.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/nvram-wakeup/

This is a (small) program  that can read and write  the WakeUp time in
the  BIOS  (via /dev/nvram on kernels >= 2.4.6 or via direct I/O).  On
this  WakeUp  time  the computer will be powered on automatically from
the soft-off state.

This is mainly a feature release. A short list of changes:

2004-02-29: Version 0.95 (beta) "Feb 29th - release"
 * IMPORTANT: the various _date fields changed to _day. _date configuration
   options are accepted but will be removed in one of the next versions.
 * IMPORTANT: need_reboot=ALWAYS was changed to need_reboot=ON_ANY_CHANGE since
   it produced some confusion on the meaning. The value ALWAYS is still accepted
   but will be removed in one of the next versions.
 + Added a new option --directisa. This is an alternative for using /dev/nvram
   See man page for more information.
 + Added support for upper nvram on boards with Intel's ICH* south bridges,
   VIA's VT82C686A, VT82C686B, VT82C596 and south bridges with Dallas
   Semiconductor's DS1685/1687.
 + Added a LOT of new mainboards and updated/added a LOT of new autodetection strings.
   See CVS logs for details and credits.
   Thanks to everyone who sent me his/her board configuration.
 + Added guess-helper script (by Tobias Grimm), see README.mb for more details.

Debian- and RPM- packages will be added soon (thanks to Tobias Grimm)

All the best,

        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de               /\\