[vdr] Re: Can vdr work without antenna? (play recordings)

Guido Fiala wrote:

I changed the scripts to NOT load the frontend module for this card
(ves1820), you then need to modify VDR a little to check for the presence
of a DVB card not by /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 or something like that,
but for example /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0. The card can now be used for
output etc, but nothing will try to tune it.

I don't know if this is absolutely necessary but I have read many stories
like yours where a card does not like to run without a signal, and this way
it works for me at least.
What revision is your full featured card out of interest? It should prompt this when loading the modules.

Can you send a diff for this modification? I would like to try it here with my DVB-s if it would work...
LoL *smack on head* heureka - if that works that'd be great news indeed for all rev 1.3. / rev. 1.5 users who want to use it for replay only / DVB-T transfer mode . Sometimes solutions seem so easy - why didn't we think about this one before? I really hope this workaround turns out to make a difference.