[vdr] Re: Vdr+dxr3+kernel 2.6.3 crashes

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurence Abbott" <laz@club-burniston.co.uk>
To: "VDR list" <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 10:44 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: Vdr+dxr3+kernel 2.6.3 crashes

> On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 09:33, Christian Gmeiner wrote:

No... this is the new and current CVS form today :) In the last weeks the
dxr3 driver was/is heavily under develoment. The new version 0.l4.0
was released yesterday, i think.

I have now updated with the cvs and patched it:

vdr dxr3-cvs #
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.dxr3.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dxr3 -z3 co
em8300
vdr dxr3-cvs # cd em8300/modules
vdr modules # patch < em8300-cvs_hs+nb.patch
patching file Makefile
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 28.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 38.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 45.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 126.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 159.
6 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.rej
patching file adv717x.c
patching file bt865.c
patching file em8300_fifo.c
patching file em8300_fifo.h
patching file em8300_i2c.c
patching file em8300_ioctl.c
patching file em8300_main.c
patching file em8300_spu.c
patching file em8300_video.c
patching file ldm

vdr modules # patch < em8300-2.6-update.patch
patching file adv717x.c
patching file bt865.c

Maybe you need to modify the Makefile - i have to do it

vdr modules # make clean
Makefile:1: *** missing separator.  Stop.

-->
nano Makefile

<<<<<<< Makefile
# Some general variables
MODULE_VERSION="0.13.0.cvs"
=======
MODULE_VERSION="0.15.0.cvs"
# where the kernel sources are located
KERNEL_LOCATION?=/lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build

should be:

#<<<<<<< Makefile
# Some general variables
#MODULE_VERSION="0.13.0.cvs"
#=======
MODULE_VERSION="0.15.0.cvs"
# where the kernel sources are located
KERNEL_LOCATION?=/lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build

And your VDR should run now very good, because there are some nice
improvements to the dxr3 driver.

Greets, Christian Gmeiner