[vdr] Re: Sending VDR output to X11 window ?

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 20:13:31 +0100
Stefan Lucke <stefan@lucke.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> On Mittwoch, 3. März 2004 00:02, DOm wrote:
> [..]
> > Hallo,
> > thanks for your xv patches, but since patch03 i cannot see OSD
> > anymore, anyone else experienced that ?
> > And now I have wrong sized window...
> > With patch02 OSD was present but video did hung up, with patch03
> > video is quite good but no OSD and wrong sized window.
>
> Could you please post the start up messages?

Well, under kernel 2.6.2 with vdr-1.2.6 (vanilla), streamdev-0.3.1 and
patch04 for softdevice I made:

------------------------------------------------------------[ console ]

$  LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 ./vdr -Psoftdevice -Pstreamdev-client
[softdevice] processing args
[softdevice]   argv [0] = softdevice
[softdevice] initializing Plugin
[softdevice] Initializing Video Out
[XvVideoOut]: initialized OK
Xv: Savage Streams Engine: ports 52 - 52
Xv: grabbed port 52
setting XV_COLORKEY 0x000000
XV_AUTOPAINT_COLORKEY not defined
[softdevice] Video Out seems to be OK
[softdevice] Initializing Audio Out
[audio] Opening alsa device plughw:0,0
[audio] Device opened! Ready to play
[softdevice] Audio out seems to be OK
[softdevice] A/V devices initialized, now initializing MPEG2 Decoder
[softdevice] OSD-Position at 54 x 396
[video] Creating WindowLayer at 54 x 396, (624 x 135)
[audio] Period size 512 Buffer size 16384[audio] Hardware initialized
[audio] xrun
LIBAVCODEC_BUILD = 4680
ASPECT (-100 -> 0 ; -100.000000 -> 1.333333)
DIM changed: W(720 -> 544); H(576 ->576)
[audio] xrun
[audio] xrun
[audio] xrun
[audio] xrun
[audio] xrun
[softdevice] OSD is off now
[audio] xrun
Das wars

------------------------------------------------------------[ console ]

Maybe the message regarding COLORKEY can be useful (remember that with
patch02 OSD worked).
The _window_ has wrong width but video is perfectly scaled, i mean that
there are black bands on left and right.
Tell me how can i help with further debugging (maybe under kernel 2.4
??)

> [..]
>
> > Sound is choppy yet here, but softdevice is near to be GREAT (for
> > now it is only great :)
>
> Is sound always choppy or just for some times on certain channels ?
> patch04 includes a fix for the "mickey mouse" sound during play back,
> noticed that as "choppy" during live view.

Please concentrate on video for now.
Maybe saing "choppy" is not exact, a better english word for
describing the situation is "unclean" sound, but it can depend on my
soundcard driver, so do not focus on that issue for now :)

> Stefan Lucke

Thanks and goodbye,
   Angelus.