[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.5

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 03:51:21PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Hello all (I don't know if I am still subscribed as my email provider
seems to habe some problems today...) :-)

> - Since there appears to be no general solution for the UPT error yet, a recording
>   now initiates an "emergency exit" if the number of UPT errors during one
>   recording exceeds 10 (suggested by Gregoire Favre). Since the UPT error doesn't
>   happen on my system, this has not been explicitly tested.
>   The "preliminary fix" for the UPT error in VDR/dvbdevice.c has been disabled
>   by default, since it makes channel switching unpleasently slow. If you want
>   to have that workaround back, you can uncomment the line
>   //#define WAIT_FOR_LOCK_AFTER_TUNING 1
>   in VDR/dvbdevice.c.

Well, it's not a solution, and also not what I have suggested...
Tonight; I had a reccording that don't have the 10 UPT in the first ten
minutes, which result in a complete unusable recording.

Of course it's a developper release so that doesn't really matter ;-)

What I had suggested is to automatically exit VDR in case of UPT...

Have a great week,

	Grégoire