[vdr] Re: Breaking Datastream on systems with more then 1 Card

Axel Gruber wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> last days i noticed something realig interesting:
>
> I have a System with 4DVB-S Cardīs and very often i have the problem
> that on the cards (not the primary) there is no or a "bad" datastream
> when a recording starts - so the whole VDR have to restart then all
> CARDīs deliver a fine Stream.
>
> Now i have set the EPG-Scan-Timeout to a lower value and now - the restarts
> are much more rarely then bevore.
>
> It seem that when the cards have "nothing to do" for a loger time there went something
> wrong.
>
> Donīt ask my why - but iīm watching on this now over a Week and it seem that the restarts
> are realy more rarely then bevore.

Strange... The EPG timeout is actually only important on systems
with only _one_ DVB card. On a system with more than one DVB card,
the EPG scan kicks in after 60 seconds of user inactivity, regardless
of the setting of the EPG timeout (unless, of course, it is set to 0).

Klaus