[vdr] Re: 16:9 4:3 switch via Scart(8) or Line23

Andreas Breitenbach schrieb:
Hi,

Detlef Heine wrote:

Hello,
I have a tv that can switch between 16:9 and 4:3 via Scart Line 8 (12V = 4:3, 6V = 16:9) or Line23.
How can I do that with vdr? Where can I get the information about aspectratio?

Hardware should not be so difficult. This is an example
(comments are welcome) :

 +12V
 -----------------------------------+-----

                            2k2     R

                                    +---------------------------- Scart |
                            2k2     R

                                   /
                                  /
  D0 (Printer) ---RRRRRRR---o----|       BC238
                            |     \
                   10k      |      >
                            R       |
                            R       |
                       10k  R       |
                            R       |
 GND                        |       |

Software should be available as well for accessing the printer data register from user space.

Andreas

The Hardware isnīt the Problem. The circuit above is out of the question.
The question is: where can I get the information about the aspectratio of the current channel?
Itīs pssible to switch via line23 or not (donīt need the printerport).
Maybe Iīm blind to read the documentation ;-(

Detlef.