[vdr] Re: Still problems with streamdev-0.3.1

Am Mittwoch, 10. März 2004 08:40 schrieb Sebastian Frei:
> I have tried this hack but it hasn't solved my problems. I expected this,
> because my problem is different. I don't
> get a signal anymore after a certain time. It's a bug in the
> streamdev-server.

Since you have two full featured cards, can you imagine that this problem may
have to do with the UPT/broken/lost datastream error? I am asking because:

Feb 27 18:22:52 SERVER vdr[95]: Streamdev: Setting data connection to
192.168.1.7:32834
Feb 27 18:23:00 SERVER vdr[95]: buffer stats: 0 (0%) used

This means there was no data streamed within eight seconds, although a data
connection was opened and therefore the transfer was started. This looks like
one of the UPT-effects, which occur (from what i can tell only) with two
ff-cards. The messages on the client tell similar things. Channel has been
locked, transfer started, but no data flows.

To confirm this, you could wait until you have such an error again (look for
buffer stats: 0 (0%) used) and then try to pause the same channel on the
server. If this works (make sure both streamdev and recording are using the
same device) or doesn't work, we'll know more.

Greetings,
Sascha