[vdr] Re: mplayer plugin does not work!

Andreas Breitenbach schrieb:
> Juri Haberland wrote:
>> Leonardo Borelli wrote:
>>> Hello everybody,
>>> i've installed VDR 1.2.6 with mplayer plugin(0.8.3). My MPlayer is 0.92 version. I also use mplayer.sh 0.8.4 My VDR
> config dir is /video, so i have put in plugins subdirectory mplayer.sh.conf, mplayer.sh, mplayersources.conf. When
> i start VDR wth this plugin all seems to run properly. I can read starting plugin: mplayer Through KVDR i try to
> see a mpeg file, but when i try to start the video the mplayer process starts and dies... I can see
>>> mplayer: mplayer child started(pid_1)
>>> mplayer: player thread started(pid_2)
>>> mplayer: player thread ended(pid_2)
>>>

>>> And so i can't see anything....
>>
>> The fact that you don't see something like:
>> logger: *** Starting mplayer.sh Version 0.8.4
>> means, that the mplayer-plugin can't find the mplayer.sh script.
>>
>> Use the -M option to tell the plugin where the script is.
>
> I guess, that is not the problem, otherwise you would not see:
>
> mplayer: mplayer child started(pid_1)

Sure you would see it. This jsut indicates the the plugin started a
subprocess where it normally calls the mplayer.sh. The next thing you
should see is a log line from the script, which is not happening, hence
the plugin cannot find (or maybe execute?) the script.

> Did you compile the mplayer with dvb-support? This is not activated by default. Try ./configure --help in mplayer
> source directory to get the right configure option.

This definetely needed, but even without it one should see the script
running in the logs.

Cheers,
Juri