[vdr] Re: channels.conf question

Am Donnerstag, 11. März 2004 08:42 schrieb Mak Addikt:
> Hi ML ...
> 2 questions about channels.conf :
>
>    1. i was unable to switch directly from "Programs Screen" to the
>       correct channel. For example i see on this screen that ThisMovie
>       is currently on ThisChannel (given by EPG, i guess), but if i
>       select this channel, i do not see anything, except informations
>       about the current program and the very next. Note that i can see
>       ThisChannel when i select it in "Channels Screen"
>       Any ideas ?
>    2. How is update channels.conf ? I see in "Channels Screen" channels
>       that are not in my channels.conf

Allright, I know everything about your system now, and can anwser all the
questions you had and may yet have.

Honestly: What VDR version are you using? Any patches? What kernel, driver
version? What distribution? Does the logfile say anything when you do 1)?

If you use VDR 1.3.n (which you are of course only using if you know what
you're doing, since it is a developer version, which would also mean that you
know the following) the channels.conf is updated by VDR itself (from the data
sent by the sat providers).

Greetings,
Sascha