From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf
Of Dominic Morris
Sent: 13 March 2004 09:15
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Re: MVP - nearly there

Hi Nigel,

> I fixed my below problem - may be useful for others trying to get the
> plugin to work -
> - my machine was reporting 127.0.0.1 as it's IP address.. you need to
> make sure there is the right line in /etc/hosts

That's a really annoying gotcha that seems to happen with debian/dhcp

> I'm nearly there but I have a new problem :
> "Live" video works a treat
> Files converted to MPEGs seem to work fine however - if I play any VDR

> recordings, the sound and video become choppy and unwatchable... maybe

> the dongle thinks it is a straight MPEG2 rather than a 'programme
> stream' ?
>
> Anyone seen this before / have any ideas ?

Yup, I know what this is, I suspect your channels.conf has got two audio
pids for each of the channels, I'm not sure what the other track is for,
since it always seems to be silence. The MVP seems to insist on playing
both tracks one after another.

There's two solutions for this:

1. I steal some code from vdr to remove the additional audio track

2. Strip out the additional audio pid from your channels.conf and all
future recordings will be fine.

I'll have a play with 1 and a few other things this weekend.

cheers,

d.

as subject.