[vdr] Re: Conflicting remote signals

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Richard Jones wrote:

> I have a Hauppauge Nova-T remote , I'm not sure if your remote uses the
> same driver but the Nova-T remote uses RC5 IR encoding. It sounds like
> your Loewe also uses RC5. Normally this is not a problem as the
> different remotes have different device numbers.
Sorry I do not know anything about device numbers.  Is this some kind
of unique number for any remote like the MAC adress for network cards?

> However the Nova-T
> appears to strip the bits which code for the device number so any RC5
> Remote will look the same to the Nova-T driver (You could probably find
> other Loewe buttons that VDR will also listen to).  It was a while since
> I read the source, however my memory is that it is the driver stripping
> the device id not the hardware so this problem is probably fixable by
> appropriately patching the driver.
While I in principle would not hesitate to do some programming I
do not really have time to dive into a completely new field and
learn how to programm remote controls.  So as a Debian developer I
would offer to package the favourite program of the person who
volunteers to fix this problem.  Wouldn't this be a fair trade? ;-))

Kind regards

          Andreas.