[vdr] Re: Conflicting remote signals

On Sunday 14 March 2004 17:00, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Richard Jones wrote:
>
> > I have a Hauppauge Nova-T remote , I'm not sure if your remote uses the
> > same driver but the Nova-T remote uses RC5 IR encoding. It sounds like
> > your Loewe also uses RC5. Normally this is not a problem as the
> > different remotes have different device numbers.

> Sorry I do not know anything about device numbers.  Is this some kind
> of unique number for any remote like the MAC adress for network cards?

RC5 allows for 32 different device addresses which are used to select a
specific device.

> > However the Nova-T
> > appears to strip the bits which code for the device number so any RC5
> > Remote will look the same to the Nova-T driver (You could probably find
> > other Loewe buttons that VDR will also listen to).  It was a while since
> > I read the source, however my memory is that it is the driver stripping
> > the device id not the hardware so this problem is probably fixable by
> > appropriately patching the driver.

The driver of the _full-featured_ cards can be configured to listen to
a single device address or listen to all addresses.
av7110_loadkeys may be used to change these settings.

If you are using the remote plugin, you don't have to care about that
stuff, as it will automatically find the device address of the remote
control and configure the driver accordingly.

Anyway, you need a remote transmitter which can be configured not to
use the device address of your TV set.

Oliver