[vdr] How long needs VDR for an EPG scan?

Hi all,

I have set up an inactive timeout of 2.5h and an EPG scan timeout
of 2h (VDR 1.2.6).

Now I am asking myself if this half an hour is long enough for a
full EPG scan.

It is clear, that the time is dependend of the amount of channels defined
in the channels.conf. I think, that the first about 40 channels are the
important ones, donīt care about the others.

Is there any way, to know how the progress of scanning is, before shutdown
of the VDR, or does VDR not shut down before the scanning is finished?

Thanks,
Andreas