[vdr] Re: How long needs VDR for an EPG scan?

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:12:10 +0100 (CET), "Andreas Breitenbach"
<lists@Breitenbach-sc.de> wrote:

> Now I am asking myself if this half an hour is long enough for a
> full EPG scan.

The scan takes 20 s per transponder divided by number of available cards
to scan. On my system with 3 cards available for scanning, it takes less
then 10 minutes to scan all the transponders I use. To achieve a
uptodate EPG for use with autotimer in vdradmin, I have programmed a
dummy EPG recording every night at 02:00 till 02:10. This will
autmatically power up the system if not yet on and do a shutdown
afterward when nothing has to be recorded.

Emil