[vdr] Re: Feature Request: Simpler DiSEqC config, Was: DiSEqCfor Dummies

Ora Järvinen wrote:

Well I've sometimes kicked around the idea of a comprehensive configuration
editor for VDR... something resembling the setup of a (ergonomically good)
settop box. There's only the small matter of having time to do it ;-)

For all but quite exotic configurations, e.g. DiSEqC isn't that complicated,
but editing hex strings may not be everyone's taste :-) and you can easily
make mistakes even if you know how DiSEqC works, let alone if you don't.
Well, a config editor might not be necessary, at least i do not need one (although a good channel editor would be really nice).

However, configuring diseqc is a different mattter. Imho, there should be some simple config options like -s X in scan and of course an advanced one, like the one vdr uses now.

Aw, I've now managed to get it running, thanks to your info !

But, for some reason vdr does only collect new channels from astra but not from hotbird :(

kind regards Philip

--
WaUG 'nuff said