[vdr] Re: Feature Request: Simpler DiSEqC config, Was: DiSEqCforDummies

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
You're forgetting that there is also Cable and Terrestrial DVB.
We'll need a transponder scan there, too.
That's true, but the same principle applies.

For DVB-T, (at least in my experience in the UK) the frequencies and other parameters of the multiplexes are even more stable than with DVB-S (there has only been one change since it was launched about 5 years ago - a national change of QAM and CodeRate on 4 out of the 6 multiplexes), and there are only a handful of multiplexes. The only downside is that you will need a list for each local transmitter (but these are available on the web).

I have no experience of DVB-C.

I am mainly thinking about making the initial setup of VDR as easy as possible for someone.

Regards,

Dave.