[vdr] Re: Hardware planning : VDR + EPIA-M + budget DVB

Nicolas Huillard wrote:
Hello,

I am currently choosing hardware for my future VDR box.

I want to :
* watch free DVB channels
* record them and view later, maybe timeshifting
* play DVD with AC3/SPDIF output
* play DivX files
* play MP3, Ogg Vorbis audio on SPDIF
* burn recorded DVB shows as DivX on DVD-R
* view photos
* surf on the web (house's intranet, a few selected sites)

I already have :
* an EPIA-M 10000
Since I currently don't have an epia board, wouldn't all of the above (and more) possible with a dreambox (except for the dvd burning, but that can be done on another machine)?
I'm considering both options, and the dreambox would be cheaper and absolutely silent (I'm thinking of a 5620 with no hard disk and an nfs mounted filesystem for recordings).
I didn't study the dreambox extensively yet, though.

Bye
--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -