[vdr] Re: newbie space

Hello, Tony

Tony Grant wrote:

Hello,

OK I managed to get VDR the xine plugin and xine all compiled.
and the readme's and ML postings are all read ?

So when I do "xine vdr://tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes" which
channels.conf am I using: .xine/channels.conf or /video/channels.conf?
uh, re-read the readme, you missed what the xine extension does, it's a plugin interface for xine to read vdr data from a fifo, and in vdr is the counter plugin that exports the data to the fifo. so noch channels conf in xine, and vdr allwasy uses his channels conf.
watch out to configure the fifi file very carefully, esp. since that can depend on what is set as default in Make.config from vdr (at least in older versions of the plugin, but the readme will/should tell)

Yes I could copy my xine channels.conf file over but I am scared of
breaking something...
what to break, you can copy files to different names, like channels.conf-xine-backup....

Cheers Onno