[vdr] Re: OSD redesign in VDR 1.3.x

Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
>
> > What exactly do you need the resizing for?
> > Couldn't you just as well close and reopen the OSD?
>
> maybe i did it because it gave me less lines of code, can't really
> remember. ;-)
>
> i think, i just used it because it was there. go ahead and remove it.

Back then I implemented these things because the FF-DVB cards' OSD
could do them. But in hindsight I guess I should never have implemented
things that closely based on the AV7110's OSD features. What I'm doing
now is an attempt to make things more hardware independent, while
still allowing the "old" hardware to be used as good as possible.

Klaus