[vdr] Re: possible workaround found for DVBs-1.3-signalless operation -> testers required

On Saturday 20 March 2004 10:44, Guido Fiala wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> as mentioned before i did some tests with my vdr setup running a Siemens
> DVB-s Rev. 1.3 card (ves1893 frontend) with analogtv-feed.
..
> +		ves1x93_init (i2c);
..
> The result of this manipulations are so far:
> -IMHO less ARM-crashes and av7110_send_fw_cmd-errors
> -vdr now survives if the ARM-resets: after firmware-reload playback simply
> resumes most of the time

I added a frontend reset in the frontend thread, at the beginning of the
while(1) loop. It now gets called about 10-20 times per minute according to
the logs.

The difference is huge! Previously things were unwatchable after just a few
channel changes or XX amount of time, but now I have seen one ARM reset in a
few hours, and it was very quick and worked fine immediately afterwards
(typically after an ARM reset it glitches and gets worse and worse until it
completely crashes and reloads the drivers, but then you've had more than a
minute of crappy TV).

Perhaps if I increase the frequency even more it will get rid of that last ARM
crash :-)

Cheers,
And thanks for the idea!
Dennis