[vdr] Re: VDR on MSI Hetis 865GV barebone (was: Which barebone?)

On Monday 22 March 2004 6:13 pm, Carsten Koch wrote:
> In the meantime, I have completed my MSI Hetis 865GV barebone-
> based VDR system.

Interesting. I'm looking for something similar myself as I can't get my old
system running on my new GA-7VT600 board :(

[snip]

> I am using a full-featured (version 1.3) DVB card, which fits
> just barely into the case.

Anyone know how this compares size-wise wih a DVB-s 2.1 card? I also need to
add my Nova-t 1.2 (much shorter card). Is there likely to be enough room for
this too? IIRC it has to sit in a lower priority slot than the DVB-s.

> I have not tried, but with the DVB
> card in place there may not be enough room left to install a
> (floppy) drive in the barebone's external 3.5" drive bay.

Personally I'm not bothered about a floppy.

The specs I've seen for this unit don't mention IR, so I guess that's got to
be an add-on too.

fruit