[vdr] Re: DVD plugin (dvd-0.3.4-rc10) and LIRC

----- Original Message -----
From: "André Weidemann" <Andre.Weidemann@web.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 5:16 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: DVD plugin (dvd-0.3.4-rc10) and LIRC

> Sebastian Kemper wrote:
>
> > This is the exact problem I'm experiencing right know. Is there a
> > solution yet? Sorry for the bad quoting!
> >
> > Sebastian
> >
> > Quote: "Now that I have managed to compile it I have a bit of a problem
> > with LIRC, namely you get a command, or two in when the dvd starts, but
> > then the remote does nothing. Meanwhile the keyboard does still control
> > things...
> >
> > I notice that the cpu usage of vdr is ~35% (of a fast Athlon) so maybe
> > that is disturbing the counting ? Anyway, is there a fix ?
>
> I know this post is more than a month old, but I was wondering if there
> was anyone out there who found a solution for this problem?
>
> VDR reacts slowly to any command comming in from the remote while a DVD
> is playing (CPU usage is at 30-45% on a 900 Duron). I have to press the
> buttons on my remote a few seconds in order to make something happen.
> After I managed to get the DVD into Pause, the remote works again as it
> should.
>
> If anyone on this list could take a look at the sourcecode and tell why
> it turned out to be so slow after dvd-0.3.4-rc6.

any news on that topic? it was very interesting to see that playback of dvds
on my xp2000 with kernel 2.6.3 and vdr 1.2.6 uses 40-60% cpu.

playback of dvds on my k6-400 was no problem at all ....

any ideas what goes wrong here? afaik while playing dvd the mpeg2 stream is
directly displayed by the dvb-s card. so there should be no need for high
cpu load...

thanks

servus hannes