[vdr] Re: commercial vdr box

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:52:28 +0100
Clemens Kirchgatterer <clemens@thf.ath.cx> wrote:

> FYI: http://www.digital-sat.it/xdome.htm
>
> i would like to ask them for the source code, if anybody finds a better
> link then shop@digital-sat.it or knows the manufacturer of the xdoom,
> please speak up.
>
> clemens

The company that is producing it is Comex http://www.comex.it, there is a dedicated web site at http://www.xdome.it.
The site only works with Internet Explorer and some versions of mozilla, and they aren't talking about VDR or Mplayer or GPL anywhere on the web site.

I tried to contact the author of the article on digital sat, but received no answer whatsoever, I also started to get some informations from the italian branch of the free software foundation as to what steps could be taken in order to make them comply with the GPL, and they suggested that maybe they are including the source code on a CD with the system (higly unlikely).

The next step I wanted to try was to check with someone who actually bought the system whether the source code is included , but at the moment I couldn't contact anyone with such a system ...

Will keep trying.

Mattia