[vdr] Re: vcd plugin

Florian Ottillinger wrote:

Hi everybody!

I have a problem with the vcd-plugin. I use the newest version 0.0.6c and vdr 1.2.6.
Some VCD's and SVCD's are only played back in black white mode. I can watch the
movie but with no color.

The problem is probably, that those VCD's were recorded with NTSC-Resolution and your tv is not capable of NTSC. I have the same problem. The only solution i know is, to watch it on your Computer screen using mplayer.

I also tried to play the file in the MPEG2 dir of a SVCD via mplayer, but no success.
Seems that mplayer cannot handle that file format or what am i doing wrong?

mplayer can only read the vcd in it's vcd mode if i remember it right (take a look at the docs)

Christoph.