[vdr] encoding recordings step by step

Hello from Neumünster/Germany,

I am trying to encode vdr-recordings with mpeg-tools or transcode by myself for use on a DVD (it is all installed correctly, for capturing from a videorecorder via an "analog TV-device" - lavrec and then encoding avi to mpeg2 to use on a DVD- works well).

For example tosvcd uses the mjpeg-tools to convert to VCD/SVCD - so it should be possible anyway, but I couldn´t figure out the correct command-syntax yet to first extrakt video and audio and so on.

I didn´t find much on that at google either.

Thank´s for any hints

Siegfried