[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.6 & set system time

On Monday 05 April 2004 23:46, Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
> This little patch fixed the broken 'set system time from transponder'
> feature in my setup. The _terrestial_ transponder was saved as Freguency
> (Hz, kHz, MHz - in my case as Hz) and later it was compared against
> Transponder (MHz) in eit.c.

hm.  could it be that there is also a problem in vdr.1.3.5 with a _satellite_
transponder?
Because the  'set system time from transponder' feature does not work for me
since I upgraded to 1.3.5. There is also sth wrong with my system clock. so
anytime I reboot, the clock is set to a different value.  And unfortunately,
the transponder does not set the time correctly.
I am using a gentoo system. with /etc/localtime pointing
to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin.
wouldnt be much of a deal if the transponder would give me the correct time.
This used to work earlier (1.2.6 and below).

One additional strange issue is that I thought the Teletext plugin would give
me the correct time, which it does, but very short after I load the plugin,
the teletext time is changed to the wrong system time.  ?!  what's that mean?

i can ssh and manually set the correct time, but after a reboot the time has
drifted away.

maybe this is all gentoo related and off topic,  but at least the transponder
time feature should work !

greetings
Tom