[vdr] some VPS ideas

Hello,

I don't use a current vdr version with vps (and don't know what is
already implemented), but I read about problems with vps recording
in the mailinglist.

An idea: An old VCR of mine only used vps to detect the ending of a
show, that means it started at the given time, and when it detects
vps, it doesn't stop at the programmed time, but at the ending of the
vps signal transmission.

To prevent from missed vps recordings in vdr, maybe it would be nice
to have such vps/non-vps combinations like:

(- don't use vps at all)
(- only record if vps signal received)
- fixed starting time (which need not to be the vps time!),
  when the recording is finished 70%, detect if a vps signal is
  broadcasted and if so, stop the recording when this vps signal isn't
  transmitted anymore (this would be my preferred standard setting so
  I don't have to worry about wrong/different vps starting times or if
  the TV station forgets to transmit the VPS signal)
- Wait for the vps start signal, but start recording if it wasn't
  received after 5 minutes after the start time. Then record normally.

Also, really nice would be:

Start recording 10 minutes before vps start time. If vps signal
received, throw this 10 minutes away and start the "real" recording
and stop recording when vps signal ends.
If no vps signal received, stop recording at the ending time + 10
minutes (whatever the uses enters in the setup).

Bye, Uwe.