[vdr] Re: StillPicture (I-frame) decoding with ffmpeg

Hello Stefan,

On 04/14/04 16:33, Stefan Lucke wrote:
On Mittwoch, 14. April 2004 13:53, Michael Hunold wrote:

Hello Stefan,

On 04/14/04 09:13, Stefan Lucke wrote:

does someone know how this works ?

Even after calling the decoder with:
	avcodec_decode_video(context,picture,&got_picture,NULL,0);
got_picture is still false.
I noticed several anomalies with the mpeg2 decoder from libavcodec.

1) As you already noticed, "got_picture" is wrong after an I-Frame has been put to the decoder. For some unknown reason, the decoder delays the delivery.

2) If you start to deliver an new GOP, starting with the I-Frame, libavcodec throws away the whole GOP (normally 12 frames!) and starts with the next I-Frame it gets. If you start in the middle of a GOP, then it will catch the I-Frame, but only after the delay mentioned in 1)

Based on your analysis I played around with "closed gop" and "broken link"
flags but still no success :-(.

Do you know the size of the delay mentioned in 1)  ?
If you don't start to feed with an I-frame (because of 2), then the delay was 4 frames IIRC.

CU
Michael.