[vdr] Re: Segmentation faults

On Fri, Apr 16 2004, at 06:53:19 -0700, D. Ratner wrote:
> I wish I could give you more info about the error but
> I don't get any info from my system or VDR.

Make sure you don't have a core dump limit when you run VDR. Run
'ulimit -c unlimited' before you start VDR. Then you will get a core
dump when VDR segfaults. If VDR is run as a deamon the core file will
probably be in the filesystem root, else it will probably be in the
directory you started VDR. After this you can get a backtrace with
gdb of the thread that caused the segfault.

  Björn

--
Björn Andersson <bjorn@iki.fi>
PGP id 5AFC144B