[vdr] Re: OT: RGB Component from J2

Roberto Deza wrote:

Hi
At 11:39 17/04/2004 +0200, Tomas Prybil wrote:

Fram various sources on the list I could find the pinout for the J2 connector (http://www2.arnes.si/~mthale1/rgb.html).

Is it a false assumption just to use pin3 for blue, pin 5 for green and pin 7 for red? All grounded of course.

You need also to connect the Composite line (pin 1) as it carry the
Syncs; if you set the beamer correctly, it will take the video signals
from the R,G,B inputs, but the syncs from the Composite input. I don't
have/know a beamer, but use the same wiring for my TVs in RGB.
My DVB player only needs the three components connected, where does it recieve syncs from then?

Of course, the DVB driver must be set to RGB mode (from the memory, 'vidmode=1' in insmod parametters).
Is it either composite or components then?

Thanks for your prompt reply!
/t