[vdr] Re: OT: RGB Component from J2

--On den 22 april 2004 14:07 +1000 Michal Dobrzynski <michal@appl.com.au> wrote:

The only obvious culprit for this was the
ribbon cable. I had used a shielded cable and the picture was a thousand
times better.
Just a little tip to those thinking about these things:
I am going to build a set using a standard VGA cable, they are
flexible, have 4 x 75 ohm coaxes, and are very cheap.
I haven't tested it yet but I can't image that they won't be
perfect for this.

There are 5 more signal wires in the VGA cable that are shielded
only by the cable's outer braid and foil and the coaxes
they are put inbetween, but I will probably run audio on
separate audio cables and not on those.

SCART cables are often sad excuses for A/V cables, some don't
even have coaxes but ordinary wires for the RGB signals, and
those that do have coaxes are often thick and unflexible and
surprisingly expensive.

/ragge