From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf Of
Michal Dobrzynski
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 5:53 AM
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Channel change delay

Hi,

Is there any way to reduce the massive channel change delays? I am
running 2 DVB-T cards and one Full Featured DVB-S card for output and
channel change times are quite disconcerting.

Every time my parents change the channel they have to ask what's wrong
as the screen stays black for 4 or 5 seconds. Does it really take that
long to change frequency, lock onto the signal and buffer enough of the
stream to begin displaying?

Regards,
Michal

subject.