[vdr] Nova-s USB problems

Dear all.

I have a machine with one Hauppauge Nexus-s and one Nova-s which
works fine with vdr 1.2.6.

As the host has no more free PCI slots I got a Hauppauge Nova-s USB
box which was installed as third device with the drivers from the
dvb-kernel cvs at kernel 2.4.26.

This seems to work basically, i.e. I can now receive three different
transponders at vdr, but the data from the USB device has large
artefacts and outages all the time.
It seems the USB device only uses USB 1.1 and this isn't enough
bandwidth for the data needed.

Does anyone have some advice how to improve this?
Is there any software tool to view the USB utilization at Linux?
Does it help to switch to a 2.6 kernel?

Thank you!