[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.2.1 plugin

hello,

Reinhard Nissl writes:

 > Currently, there are no logging entries. Please change those lines as following:
 >
 >        if (0x00 != (0x3f & buf[ 7 ]))
 >        {
 >          fprintf(stderr, "buf[ 7 ]: 0x%02x\n", buf[ 7 ]);
 >          VERBOSE_RETURN(false);
 >        }

OK.  Here it is: (naturally the logging command changed the line
numbers)

SetPlayMode: 1
Clear
Mute
TrickSpeed: 6
buf[ 7 ]: 0xc1
FIXME: xineDevice.c:364
buf[ 7 ]: 0xc1
FIXME: xineDevice.c:364
buf[ 7 ]: 0xc1
FIXME: xineDevice.c:364

 > Then you can send me some logging info (appears on stderr).
 >
 > I just had a look into xine's demuxer. It simply ignores those 6 bits that I
 > expect to be zero. So just comment out the return statement and then it might
 > work for you.

After commenting out the VERBOSE_RETURN, the FF and REW seem to work,
albeit not perfectly.  (no more crashing...)

The FF and REW still have the problem that they seem to be slower than
the actual playing of the record (but just give out still frames every
few seconds).

Additionally; if the progress bar is visible, xine gives out
repeatedly the error:

video_overlay:No spare subtitle event slots
video_overlay:No spare subtitle event slots
video_overlay:No spare subtitle event slots

yours,
		Jouni