[vdr] Re: vdr 1.3.6 + streamdev strange problem

DOm wrote:

On Tue, 04 May 2004 13:08:40 +0200
Florent Lagaye <lagaye@club-internet.fr> wrote:

Hi all !

I'm new to this list, I hope this is the right way to send email on
the list.

I'm currently trying to setup a client/server VDR architecture.

I use vdr 1.3.6 with streamdev 0.3.1 on a PC with a Hauppauge Nova budget card. My problem is the following. The server instance of vdr
is running OK, and I launch the client on another computer (same
software versions), this works ok, but i try to switch to another
channel, the client tells : "channel not available". And then, when I
switch back to the channel I was watching, it now tells me the same
(channel not available).

I took care to copy the channels.conf file from the server to the client, but this doesn't do the trick ...

Well, i don't know how streamdev handles automatic channel updates of
newer vdr version, but ow did you configure your streamdev-server ?
Can the client suspend the server ?
If not you have to suspend explicitally the server before connecting
with streamdev-client and configure streamdevhosts.conf whit the address
of the client or its subnet

Bye,
ANgelus.

Hi Angelus,

Firstly, thanks for your answer.

I have (of course) fed up the streamdevhosts.conf file. Else, I would not be able to watch the first channel. Server suspend is set to "always suspended", with the "client may suspend" field set to "yes". I have been thinking of this before, and tried to do "suspend server" from the client, but this didn't solve anything ...

I think this problem has to do with (as you say) the way newer vdr versions automatically update channels. If I have good rememberance, it is possible to set up vdr to not update the channels, I didn't have time to try this yet ...

Maybe sometime streamdev will have an option to sync channels automatically with the server ??

thanks again.

Bye,
Floof.