[vdr] Re: Live TV freeze when recording starts normal?

I have two DVB-C budget, and the same problem.  VDR-1.3.6 with
xine-plugin

I have not tried to find out the cause of this, but my uneducated
guess is that when only viewing live, vdr uses a primary card.  When
recording starts, the recording thread probably steals the primary
card and forces the live viewing to a secondary card, except that for
some reason the switch to use the secondary card for live viewing
fails.

This is especially annoying if the primary card is the only one
capable of receiving the channel for live viewing and the secondary
card is well able to receive the channel to be recorded.

Otherwise this thing is really nice; using hard drive is much more
comfortable than using the old videos.

yours,
		Jouni