[vdr] Re: Recordings with the same name

On Wed, 5 May 2004 so-8859-1?B?SORt5GzkaW5lbiBKb3Jp?jori.hamalainen@teliasonera.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>or you can via VDR timer menu add some characters at
>directory-entry. For example for Friends season 3
>I recorded them to
>
>Frendit3
>
>And current season went to
>
>Frendit

Of course, but this requires manual intervention. I wasn't prepared that
such an action would be necessary. I can now with this knowledge do one
of (starting from the worst case):

1. ignore the thing and hope that next time the more important program
gets recorded.

2. manually change one of the timers (requires manually scanning all
timers to find duplicates [in practice it happens only on Tuesdays]) and
change one of them.

3. alter my timer setting software to identidy the duplicates and
automatically change one timer slightly.

4. alter VDR to make all recordings unique.

--

              Many an ancient lord's last words had been:
         "You can't kill me because I've got magic aaargh...."