[vdr] Re: 2 DVB Cards and 2 Satellites without DiSecq

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2004 19:00 schrieb Rainer Zocholl:
> chris@sonnengesicht.de(Christian Schuld)  05.04.04 18:50
> > thomas erdmann:
> >> is it possible to connect
> >> one DVB Card to a LNB adjusted to Astra 19.2E and the
> >> other to a LNB adjusted to Hot Bird 13E and
> >> how must this be told to vdr?
> >> At the moment both are connected to Astra and
> >> the program scan automatically asserts Astra 19.2 to all channels.
> >> Where does this information come from ?
> >
> >I've have (a highly) experimental SourceCaps patch for this purpose
> >(assigning sources to cards), but only vdr-1.3.x.
>
> Would that allow to use a single LNB (with one wire)
> with two or more cards on 1.3?
>
> That would require "dynamic Source Caps":
> If both cards needs the same polarisation and the same of Lo/Hi Band,
> both cards can work. If one card needs the "other" polarisation
> it must be prohibited to switch it, as long as the other card
> is locking it. (See LNB sharing patch)

No, but I think it wouldn't be too difficult to implement. It would require
some sort of master-slave definitions, like for example:

SourceCaps = 1 S19.2E
SourceCaps = 2 SlaveTo1
SourceCaps = 3 SlaveTo1

Which means, that device 1 can receive Astra and device 2 and 3 can only tune
to muxes on the same polarisation and frequency band.

Any other suggestions for "SourceCaps"? One can think of rotating
multibeam-dishes and other exotic stuff :-) Perhaps receiving dvb-t from
different transmitters ... VDR is well suited for this kind of modification,
just modify the Dvbdevice::ProvidesSource() function to fit your needs!

> The same problems occurs with motor dishes too.

But only if they are shared among at least 2 dvb-devices.

--
Viele Grüße
Christian