[vdr] Re: Second nexus-S

Hi,

At 18:59 06/05/2004 +0200, tarass@club-internet.fr wrote:

>> The problem is the same!; For this you would need to connect the output
of the
>> QPSQ demodulator (in the frontend) to the output of the demodulator in the
>> other card, *after have put this outputs in high impedance*. As this isn't
>> supported by the standard hardware, you should install some TTL IC's in
both
>> cards, which isn't a task for anybody :-), without forget how control it
from
>> the standard hardware/drivers.
>
>I don't undersatand:

My previous comments are about the "dream" of share a CI_module between two
DVB
cards (one at least having a CI connector). I say "dream" as it need a
hardware
transformation of the cards, which isn't easy to do to someone not
customary and
brave :-).

>The Nova CI has its own ci in witch I can plug the viaccess cam.

The Nova_CI have a connector where you can connect a CI_module (wich AFAIK,
it's
sold apart from the card). If you have two cards and each one have connected a
CI_Module, of course that you can use any CAM with any card.

>As you said that a twin head has two fully independent connections, it
>means that I plug each one in its particular card ?
>
>Is it correct ?

Yes. But with only this, you need to swap cables if you want to pick the other
satellite!.

To avoid confusions:

.- I talk of one twin_LNB as a "head" that allow the simultaneous use of two
   receivers on the same satellite. Two twin_LNBs and two Diseqc switchs
   allow two receivers to pick any of two satellites.

.- On the market there are "blocks" that allow the pick of two satellites
   with one dish (ie, 19.2E and 13E). This blocks have an integrated Diseqc
   switch, for use with a unique receiver; its are easy to install, but
specific
   to one dish and satellite pair; can cost more that two LNBs and one Diseq
   switch.

.- Finally, maybe there are "twin two satellites blocks", but again I think
that
   the cost will be more that the individual parts.

Best regards:
--
Roberto Deza Asensio
Universidad de Navarra