[vdr] Audio/video sync problems

Why does almost everything I record with vdr 1.2.6 have audio/video sync
problems?  I am using a Twinhan 1020 card on Fedora Core 2 test 3
(kernel 2.6.5-1.350) with the bundled DVB drivers.  I am using
vdrsync.pl (which uses transcode 0.6.12) to transcode the videos into
.mpg files.  The satellite signal strength appears to be fine as I can
watch live video without dropouts or tiling.

Is it my computer, my DVB card, or my dish that's at fault here?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.