[vdr] Re: next simple Q: how to set repeating timers via remote control

Schuett Thomas EXT wrote:

> > Just press Left or Right until you get into the repeating timer
> settings.
> >
> >This will be done via a color button later.
>
> Oh - o.k. Fair enough.
>
> BTW: The svdrd just came to my attention.

I'm sure you mean SVRDP ('P', not 'D' at the end ;-)

> Am I right,
> that I should never add a timer with
>   echo "...my timer line ..." >> timers.conf
> because vdr might not notice?

VDR _will_ not notice that. You can only modify timers.conf
wen VDR is _not_ running. Even modifying timers.conf and then
doing a restart of VDR is not safe, because VDR might write
timers.conf in the meantime.

The only safe way to modify the timers (apart from the menu)
is via SVDRP.

> Even more, svdrd handles concurrent add-timer events
> fail-save?

Since there can be only one SVDRP connection at a time, there
should be no problem.

> Is there a docu about the svdrd interface?

Type HELP in an active SVDRP connection.

Klaus