[vdr] Re: Rotor plugin

Hallo,

> The issue I am running into is this. When trying to aim, the
> rotor plugin
> shows very low signal no matter what.  However if I move the
> dish to a point
> where it should have a view of a particular orbital (so far I
> have been
> successful with S82W/S91W), it still shows no signal..
>
> Unloading the driver, and reloading it, starting vdr it then
> has signal.  If
> I store that position, move away, and then come back to the
> stored position,
> it shows low signal.  Once again, reloading the driver solves
> the problem.

After reloading the driver the rotor plugin shows signal-strength of the
currently tuned channel. When you store or goto a position the rotor
plugin tunes to the transponder, which is selected via the plugin
(Frequency and Symbolrate). So, if there is a signal after storing there
should also be a signal when you move away and then back to the
position.  Is there a signal after storing the position?

Have you selected the right card in the setup menu of the plugin? (Card,
connected with motor)

Thomas