[vdr] Re: DVD plugin : maintainer wanted

"Andreas Breitenbach" <lists@Breitenbach-sc.de> wrote:

> > I'm searching for the maintainer of the DVD plugin but I'm getting
> > no answer.  What's the procedure to be followed in this case ?
>
> Interresting question. What to do with a project if the maintainer is
> vanished and does not respond in any more?
>
> Is it allowed to have a "community decision" to take it over by a new
> maintainer? Is it necessary to have a new name for the project?

just take it over - no need to have a long onging debatte on that. in
this case, i would keep the name. only if a project gets splitted in two
independent codebases, it is common behalfier to rename the "fork", so
people know which is which. i'm sure the original author/last maintainer
would work further on the plugin or say that he has no time/interest in
doing so, if he could. in any case - just do it. :o)

best regards ...
clemens