Mailing List archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[vdr] Re: DVD plugin : maintainer wanted
Andreas Breitenbach wrote:
If the project is GPL, just "fork" it and continue with development :
I'm searching for the maintainer of the DVD plugin but I'm getting no
answer. What's the procedure to be followed in this case ?
Interresting question. What to do with a project if the maintainer is
vanished and does not respond in any more?
Is it allowed to have a "community decision" to take it over by a new
maintainer? Is it necessary to have a new name for the project?
* anyone can take the maintainership
* in this case, it appears that the current maintainer did not answer
for months, so I think there is no need to change project name and/or
code name (in order to facilitate user transition) : this is just a
matter of good behaviour
* find somewhere to host the new project (sf.net ?), mailing-lists, bug
* advertise the new project to potential users (this mailing-list)
* do not change the licence and copyright...
* if the old maintainer re-appear, he will choose to maintain the old
project, take part in the new one, or let it be.
To unsubscribe send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "unsubscribe vdr" as subject.
Main Index |