[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.2.2 plugin

a bug or an annoying feature in vdr-xine-0.2.2?

I have Intel8x0, Alsa 1.0.4 with oss-emulation, vdr-1.3.6 and
xine-0.2.2

The problem with this setup is that to get S/PDIF to work, PCM needs
to be muted.  Instead, IEC958 needs to be unmuted.  The current xine
plugin unmutes PCM every time I change channel or start playing a
recording.  Unmuting PCM leads to muting the digital out -> no sound
any more. So, currently I need to have a window with alsamixer for
muting PCM whenever watching vdr.

The earlier versions did not have this problem.

Could you please have the volume control of xine as a configuration
option so that it can be disabled in this kind of settings?

yours,
		Jouni