[vdr] Re: Problem with linvdr-0.6 on NForce box

Am 11.05.2004 um 12:27 schrieb Eckard Brauer:

I have a Shuttle XPC box equipped with NForce chipset for linvdr. Problem is,
that the NForce net and audio drivers
(http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nforce/1.0-0261/NVIDIA_nforce-1.0 -0261.tar.gz)
don't come with the kernel and so are not included into linvdr.
This problem is already in the FAQ of LinVDR:

http://linvdr.org/wiki/index.php?pagename=LinVDR-FAQ

Last weekend I decided to recompile the linvdr kernel (in fact I tried to
upgrade to 2.6.5) with the .config in /boot/, but I didn't have the DVB
firmware compiled into the kernel modules for the DVB card, so no chance.

My question(s): Is there a way to either:

(1) include nforce drivers into linvdr, if the problem is also relevant for
others,
No chance, since the NVidia license don't allow to distribute binarys.

(2) get a link for DVB firmware download (I'd prefer this, it would also allow
to do more kernel modifications too), or
This is also documented on the LinVDR Website:

http://linvdr.org/wiki/index.php?pagename=LinVDR-Development

(3) get compiled nforce modules?
This is not possible (at least for me, license... you now) see above.

Maybe you should take a closer look on the LinVDR Website!!

Tom.