[vdr] Re: Which Linux-distro is most suitable for Epia MII 10000Nehemiah?

Rene Hertell wrote:
But now to my question: What have you guys who run your VDR on an Epia board
used as a linux-distro? Do you have any pros and contras for your choice?
Debian sarge/testing.
Because :
* I know it well
* I don't think it is really interesting to invest time in getting acustomed to another "standard" distro (Fedora, Suse, Mandrake, Gentoo, etc.)
* I don't have a need for a very special distro like freepia (no HDD limit, ie. >=1GB, no LAN boot, etc.)
* I want to have full control on what I do, and what I can install besides VDR
* full Debain packages are provided for VDR and all this stuff : http://www.e-tobi.net/vdr_repositories.html

My next VDR box might be different : LAN boot, no local HDD, even no local DVB card, etc... Thus maybe another light distro.

NH