[vdr] Which Linux-distro is most suitable for Epia MII 10000 Nehemiah?

Hello list,

I finally got yesterday my Rebach HTPC-case and my Epia MII Nehemiah 10000
board :)

For the moment I'm setting up Gentoo and using some instructions from
www.epiawiki.org and from some posts I found on vdrportal.de. I'm still
hesitating a bit about that if Gentoo is the most suitable for this setup...
Personally I would avoid Fedora and those distros that take too much space
for this plain setup (I'm doing the setup on a 1GM hdd, so that gives me
some limits...) My intension would be to create something like "freepia",
but optimized for VDR.. :)

I'm also doing a complete step-by-step instruction that I will contribute as
soon as I get my system up and running :)

But now to my question: What have you guys who run your VDR on an Epia board
used as a linux-distro? Do you have any pros and contras for your choice?

Best Regards,

René